Saturday, March 7, 2009

ARCH1101 WEEK0

1) Best piece of creative work at high school


The theme of this light project is Australian identity, through my light brown and white colour stands for aboriginal and white Australians respectively.The angular structure represents the difficulties existing between them. However, the individual unit is intersected to emphasise the close connection. The light is a symbol of ongoing reconciliation between white and aborigines as a strong identity of Australia.


2) A image of great piece of architecture

This Lilypad city is design by the award-wining Belgian architect Vincent Callebaut which aims to solve the water rising crisis. Mr Callebaut's design of the city is inspired by the shape of the great Amazonia Victoria Regia lilypad. The central lake is for collecting and purifying the rain water, the lilypad will drift around the world following the ocean current. In my point of view, this conceptual solution is a great inspiration for future architecture in terms of environmental crisis.


3)
An original photograph of something beautiful

I have to confess that I am obsessed by photographing strangers in order to capture their momentary expressions and explore the stories behide them. This photo was took at the platform of central station around 9 o'clock. I titled the photo "beLIEve" when I first uploaded in my flickr to emphasis a paradoxical existence in this photo.

Fiona Hall-
Castles in the Air of Cave-Dwellers

dreadlock, spout, organic

Tracy Moffat- up in sky #16

reconciliation, tangle, inverse


Rosalie Gasocigne- red square

scratch, zoom, perspective

1 comment:

  1. Hey yi! AMAZING creative work! Where can I buy one?? haha But really, I like the concept and the execution. I'm curious though what it's made of and how you made it? Awesome.

    ReplyDelete